Create Women's Project (Create Digital Skills)
Create Women’s Project provides new approaches in supporting some of the most vulnerable and marginalised women in our communities, with a particular focus on women involved in or affected by commercial sexual exploitation (CSE) and the sex industry.
Create Women's Project provides free non-conditional, confidential support to women in Edinburgh (regardless of their situation or background) which empowers and enables them to make the changes they want to see in their lives.
Create Women's Project provides the following services:
- Provision of a safe space and non judgemental listening ear
- Advice and practical support in areas such as money, benefits, childcare and housing
- One-to-one training and development opportunities
- Specialist employment and self-employment support
- Support to access other services
- Outreach and drop in provision
- Free access to Create Digital Skills training courses.
Employability, Health / Mental Health, Housing, Education and training, Money / Benefits, and Volunteering
Care experienced, Disability, Homeless / at risk of homelessness, Substance misuse, LGBT+, BME Groups, Criminal Convictions, Lone Parents, Health Conditions, and Long term unemployed
Age group served
16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-50, and 50+
Stage 1 / Engagement, Stage 2 / Barrier Removal, Stage 3 / Vocational Activity, Stage 4 / Job Matching, and Stage 5 / Upskilling & Aftercare
Create Women's Project works with women from all cultures and ethnicities, women with health conditions, LGBTI women, women involved in or affected by the sex industry, and women who have no recourse to public funds. The project works with all women regardless of their situation or background.