ENABLE Scotland - Progress for Parents (ENABLE Works - Progress for Parents )
Progress for Parents is a free employability project for parents/guardians of children and young people with a disability in Edinburgh.
Progress for Parents can provide support and guidance for parents to:
- Gain meaningful employment through one to one job search sessions
- Negotiate reasonable adjustments and flexible working with employers
- Explore income maximization options – such as access to funding and grants
- Access our Welfare Rights service for benefits support
- Gain certified education and training
How the project works
Through a mix of remote one-to-one and group work via Zoom, phone and email - we are open to being flexible to the needs of our service users and can adjust frequency, duration and methods of engagement depending on life circumstances and preference.
Employability, Health / Mental Health, Education and training, and Money / Benefits
Disability, Lone Parents, and Health Conditions
Age group served
16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-50, and 50+
Stage 1 / Engagement, Stage 2 / Barrier Removal, Stage 3 / Vocational Activity, Stage 4 / Job Matching, and Stage 5 / Upskilling & Aftercare
In order to be eligible for support, prospective referrals must:
- Live within City of Edinburgh Council boundaries
- Hold the right to work in the UK
- Be the parent/guardian of someone with a disability (any age)
- Have one child or young person under the age of 25 years in their immediate family.