REHIS Elementary Food & Health
Elementary Food & Health is a nationally recognised seven-hour course (delivered over 2 days) that provides training in the principles of good nutrition and getting a healthy, balanced diet. Our highly qualified team of friendly and approachable Association for Nutrition-registered Nutritionists have wide experience of delivering REHIS training to people from different backgrounds and all levels of experience.
1st February 2022
Online via Zoom
This informative and useful course is packed with clearly delivered information that aims to cut through all the mixed messages around nutrition. It is designed for anyone with an interest in food and for those who work with food in any capacity, including carers, home-helps, nursery staff, café staff/caterers and those whose voluntary role involves food preparation or handling.
Places on our courses are currently FREE.
What do you get out of it?
- Gain a clear understanding of general nutrition
- Gain practically applicable knowledge for the workplace and the home
- Understand the consequences of eating habits on health and disease
- Discuss the roles of carbohydrates, protein, fruit & vegetables, fat and fibre
- Understand the role of vitamins, minerals and trace elements
- Gain insight into maintaining a healthy weight
- Identify different ways of preparing and cooking foods for a healthy diet
- Learn how to make sense of food labelling
Who is it suitable for?
The course is open to everyone and is suitable for all who are interested in nutrition and healthy eating, along with those whose work or volunteering involves the handling or preparation of food.
Topics covered are:
- An Introduction to Food & Health
- The Function of Food
- Energy Measure and Influences on Food Intake
- Eating for Health: Food and Well Being
- Putting it all Together – Action Planning
“Classes were informal, welcoming and interactive, and presented in a clear and concise manner without too many big and confusing words where everything was explained. There were also helpful hand-outs which I could use at home.”
“I found the course very informative not only in my professional capacity but also personally too. I will be able to use the skills I learnt at work with the Young Carers I work with. Part of our program is healthy eating, so this information is a very useful tool to help the young people learn about healthy eating. I would strongly recommend [it] to everyone. Whether you work with food or not, information like this is so valuable in every-day life.”
The course will take place on Tuesday 11th and Thursday 13th January 2022 1.00-4:30pm. Participants must attend both sessions.
If you have any questions or queries about this course, contact Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 467 7326.