Ukraine and Refugee Employment Support
There will be a refugee-focused event on the 13th of October for providers in the Joined Up for Jobs network.
This event will help better coordinate the employability response to those from Ukraine and other areas where displaced people have come to Scotland. Hear from a wide range of partners, and also learn how you can help and support refugees too.
The event will run from 10:00-12:00 with breakfast available from 9:30.
9:30 - Breakfast rolls with tea and coffee (optional)
10:00 - Forum starts – Introduction and Current Situation by Rona Hunter
10:15 - Edinburgh Guarantee Webinar
10:20 - JUfJ proposition:
- Calendar of events
- Bi-monthly community drop in with key partners
- Mini events on Victoria Leith Ship
- Live daily job fairs and specialist monthly – DWP lead
- Higher skills transition support.
10:30 - Labour Market Exploitation –SOHTIS (Survivors of Human Trafficking in Scotland)
10.50 - Q&A checkpoint
11:00 - Refreshment Break
11:15 - Speed Dating with Key Providers – know who is doing what and who to refer to:
- FedCap Start Scotland – employability support
- Community Renewal - employability support
- Vocational Training Framework – training with a guaranteed interview
- DWP – Job Fairs
- Volunteer Centre – volunteering and wider support
- ESOL – language support
- Skills Development Scotland – advice and qualification support
- Citadel – family support
- SPACE/Broomhouse Centre – parent support
- Further/Higher education tbc.
12:00 - Q&A Mop up
13th October 2022
Norton Park Conference Centre, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY.