Mentoring Young People
Whether you’re mentoring young people through work placements, apprenticeships or jobs this free training workshop offers practical insights and guidance to hone the skills required.
During the session you will explore key mentoring skills and have an opportunity to practice these skills with guidance and support from an expert facilitator. You will also receive a detailed guide to mentoring that is packed full of practical hints and tips as well as sources of reference for further self-directed learning.
This workshop is designed for individuals responsible for supporting young people on work placements as well as individuals responsible for managing apprentices or young employees within their organisation.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching
- Have Identified and practiced key skills and competencies, including:
- Building trust and rapport
- Understand how to adapting your approach for young people
- Have a simple model to provide structure to a mentoring conversation
- Wednesday 24th April 2019 – 9.30-13.00 - Gorebridge Beacon, Hunterfield Road, Gorebridge, EH23 4TT
- Tuesday 6th August 2019 – 13.00-16.30 – Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce, 40 George Street, EH2 2LE
- Tuesday 8th October 2019 – 9.30-13.00 - The Ravelston House, 182 North High Street, Musselburgh, EH21 6BH
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space.
24th April 2019
Gorebridge Beacon, 58 Main Street, Gorebridge, Midlothian, EH23 4BY.