Inspiring Young Minds
At DYW we have seen the positive impact of when businesses are involved in informing and inspiring young people while they are still in education. For employers, engagement in schools and colleges supports talent attraction and can build industry and brand awareness.
This engagement helps to build young people skills for both work and life, adds relevance to their academic work and raises the career aspirations amongst Scotland’s future workforce.
This free training workshop will increase your confidence to discuss your industry to a young audience and provide you with top tips to plan and deliver activities in school or college.
This workshop is designed to support individuals who currently engage with or would like to engage with young people in schools and colleges.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Understand the benefits to employers in engaging with education
- Have increased confidence in delivering sessions to inspire young minds
- Understand the types of activities that can be offered and how to connect with education
- Know what to expect when delivering a session in a classroom or education setting
- Explore practical hints, tips and solutions for how to plan and deliver activities in school or college
- Have unlimited access to a bank of free resources that have been designed for delivering sessions in school or college.
- Tuesday 25th June 2019 – 13.00-16.30 - Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce, 40 George Street, EH2 2LE
- Tuesday 17th September 2019 – 13.00-16.30 - Gorebridge Beacon, Hunterfield Road, Gorebridge, EH23 4TT
Email email@example.com to book your space.
25th June 2019
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce, 40 George Street, EH2 2LE.