Job Start Payment - Social Security Scotland
Who can get it?
A person must meet all of the criteria below to be eligible:
· are 16 to 24 years old; or are a care leaver aged 16 to 25
· live in Scotland on the day of the job offer
· they have a job offer for paid employment
· the job must average 12 hours or more per week, over a 4 week period. It doesn’t need to be a permanent job
· be out of paid work and in receipt of a qualifying benefit* for 6 months or more, or if a care leaver out of paid work and in receipt of a qualifying benefit at the time of the job offer (care leavers do not need to be in receipt of a qualifying benefit for 6 months)
*Qualifying benefits are:
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
· Income Support
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
· Universal Credit (UC)
How long does someone have to apply?
They have up to 3 months from getting their job offer to apply.
What evidence will be required?
A confirmation of the job offer. This can be a text message, a letter, or an email from the employer. We’ll accept photocopies or screenshots of these and they can be uploaded online or provided by post
How to Apply
Visit mygov.scot/benefits to apply online or call freephone on 0800 182 2222 to complete the application over the phone or to request a paper application form.
No closing date