A Fair Flexible Work Programme for Scotland: employability workshops with flexible working experts Timewise
Partnering with Capital City Partnership Timewise will offer support and training to employability intermediaries providing tools and skills to advise both employees and job-seekers needing better flexible and part-time work.
Two workshops will be appropriate for all and then the third workshop will be specifically aimed at those supporting others with Career and Work coaching. Ideally, the same person will attend the first two workshops.
Virtual Workshop 1: The Case for Flexible Working - Tuesday 13th October
By the end of this first Workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the potential challenges
- Demonstrate the business case for flexible working
- Highlight factors that help to kick-start the change (e.g. Culture and leadership, job-design considerations, providing appropriate technology and building appropriate recruitment processes)
- Identify opportunities (i.e. policy initiatives/commissioned programmes such as parental employment scheme) where flex will help you deliver your goals – highlighting some key benefits
- Share stories with each other.
Virtual Workshop 2: How to support an Employer in Flexible Hiring - Tuesday 3rd November
By the end of this second Virtual Workshop participants will be able to:
- Make the case for promoting flexible working
- Describe different ways to work flexibly and an overview of flexible job design
- Set-out the key steps to employers for hiring flexibly
- Discuss the reasons employers may object and how to address this
- Share what helps to start the change.
Virtual Workshop 3: Career and Work Coaches Workshop - Tuesday 24th November
By the end of this third Virtual Workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the flexible working needs of their client/candidates better
- Understand appropriate employers and where opportunities could exist for flexible working
- Understand the business case for flexible working and flexible hiring
- Know when and how to pitch a candidate who needs flexible working to an employer
- Support clients to negotiate flexible working when applying for vacancies
- Understand effective employer engagement to unlock jobs to flex.
- All workshops will start at 10:30am and last for 90 minutes.
- These events will be followed by a drop-in clinic 2nd December 2020 (1 hr), and then a concluding clinic 19th January 2021 (1 hr).
Register your interest
As there is limited space at the workshops we are aiming for a maximum of one attendee per organisation. Please discuss with your organisation if you are interested in attending and email email@example.com with the name of the representative you would like to attend. Attendees will be registered on a first-come first-serve basis.
13th October 2020