Smoking and Mental Health - Free on-line training
Free training sessions on the adverse effects of smoking on mental health and mental health medication for Third Sector Support Workers (including Volunteers, Peer Mentors and Carers), NHS and Local Authority workers, providing support to people who have mental health problems.
First a one-hour e-learning module followed by a one or two-hour session delivered through Zoom two weeks later.
The one-hour session covers:
- effect of smoking on mental health medication
- facilitating discussions about smoking and mental health
- local services to help people stop smoking
The two-hour session also covers:
- IMPACT guidance document
- Ask, Inform, Discuss (AID) brief advice framework
- How AID supports workplace priorities.
Register online at Eventbrite
- 1-hour: 6/10/21, 10/11/21 and 1/12/21
- 2-hour: 22/9/21, 17/11/21 and 8/12/21
If you would be interested in having an IMPACT session specifically for your team or organization please contact Jim O'Rorke at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
1st October 2021
On-line via Zoom