WEA ESOL Online Courses
WEA are delivering free Online ESOL courses.
Each of these courses should benefit non-native English speaking participants and starts w/c 14th June and finishes at the end of July 2021.
ESOL for Employability
- Starts 14th June, finishes 29th July (classes Mondays and Thursdays 10am – 12noon)
- Course Level: Elementary or SCQF Level 3 English or above
ESOL and Digital Skills
- Starts 15th June, finishes 29th July (classes Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 – 3pm)
- Course Level: (Elementary or SCQF Level 3 English or above)
ESOL for Work and Employability
- Starts 15th June, finishes 30th July (classes Tuesdays 10am – 12noon and Fridays 1 – 3pm)
- Course level: Pre-Intermediate/ SCQF Level 3 English or above
Elementary level ESOL
- Starts 16th June, finishes 30th July (classes Wednesdays and Fridays 10am – 12noon)
- Course level: Elementary level ESOL (SCQF High 2 - Low 3 level)
- Is free
- Starts w/c 14th June and finishes at the end of July 2021
- Will be delivered online (Zoom)
- Consists of two classes of two hours each week (i.e. 4 hours p/w on Zoom)
- Has free access to WEAs Canvas - Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) so learners can study and learn online between classes
- Totals 28 hours ‘face to face’ tutor-led learning on Zoom plus unlimited access to Canvas VLE
- Be Edinburgh based
- Have access to a suitable digital device (Smartphone, Laptop, PC or Tablet/ iPad etc.)
- (Smartphones can be used for all courses apart from ESOL and Digital Skills which requires participants to have access to a Laptop, PC or Tablet/ iPad)
- Have internet/ wi-fi access
- Be able to commit to attending classes regularly for the duration of the course they register on
To register or find out more please contact Archie Campbell (WEA Area Education Manager) asap. Archie can be contacted at A.Campbell@wea.org.uk or on 07748 623438.
Depending on demand it may be possible for learners to join more than one of the courses.