Access Data Course: Introduction to Digital and Data Skills
Access to Industry would like to invite Edinburgh parents eligible for our Access Data project to our newest course: Introduction to Digital and Data Skills!
The course will be delivered in cooperation with Edinburgh College in our 156 Cowgate Community College over 8 weeks, from 9th August until 27th September 2021, on Mondays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
The aim of the course is to equip participants with digital and data skills essential for life, education, and work. It is suitable for all learners. All participants will also be supported by Access Data caseworkers, who will help them to tackle any issues in and out of the course.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to move onto a range of courses, including:
- Data Skills Units on SCQF Levels 3, 4, and 5 (currently in development by the SQA, to be available to centres from 1 September 2021).
- Access to Industry IT course, potentially leading to achieving ICT Core Skills or European Computer Driving Licence.
Course and project eligibility
Access Data is a project made for parents or those with parental responsibilities, living in the City of Edinburgh, who are either unemployed or on a low income and find themselves in one or more of the groups listed below:
- They are disabled or have a disabled child
- They are from a minority ethnic background
- They are a lone parent
- They have 3 or more children
- They have a child below 1 year of age
- They are below 25 years of age.
The details of the course together with the Application Form and Info-Pack are available on our website: Introduction to Digital and Data Skills | Access To Industry(this will open in a new window).
Please contact Magda Gucman at MagdaGucman@accesstoindustry.co.uk or 07809 555 709 for any further information.
9th August 2021
156 Cowgate, Edinburgh, EH1 1RP
To apply, candidates (or professionals on their behalf) should fill out the provided application form and send it over to MagdaGucman@accesstoindustry.co.uk or call Magda Gucman on 07809 555 709 to apply by phone.