Head of Employability
Fedcap are currently recruiting for a Head of Employability.
This position will be required to cover all of our offices in SW, East and NE of Scotland. The base office can be flexible. We currently have offices in Edinburgh, Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, Ayr, and Livingston.
The Fair Start Scotland contract is a voluntary flexible employability support service for people living in Scotland who may be struggling to find work. The service offers flexibility and considers individuals personal circumstances to help them overcome barriers, gain confidence, and secure sustained employment. StartScotland is a partnership with The Lennox Partnership and Fedcap Scotland delivering Fair Start Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government.
Reporting to our Operations Director, the Head of Employability will have accountability to successfully deliver the StartScotland strategic plan as dictated by the board of directors. They will manage the contract delivery through Master Services Agreements (MSAs ) with Fedcap Employment and The Lennox Partnership to meet contractual requirements and secure appropriate, long term, sustainable outcomes for as many customers as possible.
The Head of Employability will act as the face of StartScotland to the Fair Start Scotland contract management, Scottish Government and key stakeholders across Scotland.
They will also manage the strategic growth of StartScotland across Scotland so that we maximise all available opportunities to develop new business and increase our market share. You will be responsible for:
- Driving day to day operational performance of a complex contact portfolio to meet Commissioner, Contractual and Financial expectations and predominantly payment-by-results contracts.
- Leadership and direct line management of senior operational personnel within the business for delivery of key KPI’s in the business core market.
- Driving a business excellence agenda to ensure that service delivery is best in class - consistently out-performing market competition.
- Develop and delivering turnaround plans for any contracts requiring performance improvement.
- Leading and promoting StartScotland across Scotland, acting as a figurehead in the eyes of funding bodies and key stakeholders to leverage business development opportunities
- Influencing operational decisions without direct line management control (through MSAs) to ensure consistent, high quality service delivery that meets contractual requirements on a national scale
- Ownership of the creation of clear interface boundaries between the Master Services Agreements and liaise with Fedcap Employment and TLP to reach agreement on any areas of dispute.
- Developing and promote effective communication with Board members and other relevant constituencies
- Relationship management with Commissioners, particularly senior stakeholders accountable for delivery performance.
- Managing and reporting the StartScotland profit and loss budget.
- Promoting and ensure cultural and goal alignment between StartScotland, Fedcap Employment & TLP.
- Acting as the key operational link into the business development team for bidding and winning new employment related delivery contracts
- Operating as a key leader in the business, leading by example in terms of business values and behaviour.
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with other providers to lead market collaboration..
Can you embrace our company values which are Kindness, Respect, Integrity, and Innovation?
If you have answered yes to the above questions you will be:
- A driven individual with the ability to undertake a role, the primary purpose of which is, to make a positive social difference to those under our care, whilst ensuring satisfactory shareholder returns.
- Senior manager with considerable experience in working in a multi site fast paced changing environment.
- Capable to lead and deliver excellence in a fast-paced contractual environment
- An established, values-driven leader, with ability to lead, train and coach employees.
- Performance focussed with a demonstrable track record of proven success.
- Gravitas, with demonstrable reputation and contacts with relevant external stakeholders
- Customer focused across all areas of the business with the ability to attain respect swiftly.
- Proven ability to analyse problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Commercial acumen and financial awareness with track record of business growth.
- Adaptable with a proven ability to respond to moving business demands.
- Willing to travel extensively and effectively around Scotland.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in operational management or NVQ L7 Leadership & Management would be advantageous.
- Considerable business development experience in Scotland, and ability to demonstrate success in this area.
- Managing performance
- Results focused
- Commercial acumen
- Problem solving
- Negotiation and influencing
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career that makes a genuine social difference.
- Annual Car Allowance - £4,800
- Private Medical Insurance
- Hours and days of Work: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday.
- Holidays: 31 days’ holiday, inclusive of bank holidays in your first year of service, increasing to 35 days at 5 years and 38 days at 10 years’ service.
- A two-week Induction and Training programme.
- In-house Health and Wellbeing team.
- Pension Scheme – contribution of 4% from Fedcap Employment.
- A generous sickness package inclusive of 13 weeks full sick pay 13 weeks half sick pay, following completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay following completion of the probationary period.
- Laptop and mobile phone to allow remote agile working.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Fedcap Employment is committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of recruitment and selection, in line with its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy in addition to our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity.
Fedcap Employment is a Disability Confident Leader employer and as such, any candidate with a disability will not be excluded unless the candidate is unable to perform a duty intrinsic to the role, having considered reasonable adjustments. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
£55k - £60K
Fedcap Employment Scotland- StartScotland
13th June 2021