Foysol Choudhury MSP is looking for a full-time Admin Officer to join his team.
- Location: Edinburgh (working from Parliament or home until a regional office can be established)
- Hours: Full-time, 35 hours
- Salary: £25,641-£28,423 (depending on skills and experience)
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You'll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
Foysol Choudhury positively encourages applications from suitably experienced candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Organising diary commitments and preparing for all activities:
- Arranging surgeries, meetings and travel
- Arranging briefing papers and speeches
- Communicating with parliamentary officials
- Representing on my behalf as and when required.
Carrying out general office administration and acting as front of office for enquiries:
- Responding to all incoming correspondence while professionally managing each enquiry within agreed timescales
- Coordinating, tracking and monitoring the handling of enquiries and ensuring they are dealt with timely and professionally
- Drafting written correspondence such as letters, requests for information and parliamentary questions and motions.
Maintaining office records and compliance with data protection:
- Maintaining filing system and managing records
- Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and GDPR requirements
- Ensuring administrative and secretarial support is provided.
- Have excellent written, verbal and IT skills with accurate attention to detail
- Be empathetic with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach, being able to use good judgement and work on own initiative
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise competing workloads.
The Selection Process
For any questions about the role please contact Foysol Choudhury MSP at Foysol.Choudhury.MSP@Parliament.scot.
To apply, click on "send CV" and upload your CV and supporting statement as one document. When you've clicked "send CV" use the text box to provide the wording for the covering email.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 15 June.
£25,641-£28,423 (depending on skills and experience)
The Scottish Parliament
15th June 2021