Prince's Trust Courses at Edinburgh College
Applications are now open for the next Prince’s Trust Personal Development Award course at Edinburgh College which will commence on Monday 25th October 2021 at the Milton Road Campus.
This is a full-time course at SCQF Level 4 delivered over 12 weeks which follows the Prince’s Trust Team Programme. The course is aimed at young people aged 16-25 who are unemployed or at risk of unemployment through underachievement in education. Applications are particularly welcome from young people with significant barriers such as a care-experienced background, history of offending or disability.
The team programme aims to increase confidence, motivation, and skills relevant to the world of work. As a result, it enables young people to move into employment, education, training, volunteering or an apprenticeship. Here are some key facts about the programme:
- It is a challenging, structured 12-week programme for Teams of about 12-15 young people
- It begins with team-building activities, including a week away at a residential activity centre (when current restrictions allow)
- It then continues with planning and delivering real projects in the broader community, plus two weeks on work placements that the young people choose themselves
- The team culminates in a final celebration, where the young people present their achievements to an invited audience, and receiving their End of Programme Certificates
- Through building their confidence and motivation, young people are encouraged to think about and plan for their futures.
25th October 2021
Edinburgh College Milton Road Campus
24 Milton Rd E
Edinburgh EH15 2PQ
The programme re-engages young people. Completing the programme activities builds a sense of achievement through which the young people develop their confidence, motivation and other skills, thereby increasing their employability. Skills developed on the programme include:
- Communication, including presentation and assertiveness
- Working with others, including tolerance
- Setting and achieving goals, including problem-solving, planning, and organizing
- Confidence, including self-esteem and self-worth
- Managing feelings
- Reliability, including timekeeping and taking responsibility
- Job search skills
- Money management
- Leadership skills
- The chance to improve their literacy, language, and numeracy.