No One Left Behind 2019/20 – Edinburgh Employer Recruitment Incentive (EERI)
The City of Edinburgh Council has secured a limited amount of funding through the Scottish Governments No One Left Behind(this will open in a new window) 2019/20 funding stream to support unemployed people with the greatest barriers to employment obtain, and remain in, suitable employment.
Employers can get up to £4,000 when their organisation commits to a new job or new MA in Edinburgh for an eligible person. The funding is a contribution towards the costs of recruiting an individual during their first 52 weeks of sustainable employment. If the employer pays the person the living wage (external link) they are entitled to claim an extra payment of £500 at the end of the 52 weeks.
The funding is available to private or third sector organisations with less than 250 employees. The £4,000 total basic grant would be paid as follows
- £600 after 4 weeks employment
- £1,400 after 13 weeks employment
- £2,000 after 52 weeks employment
- £500 living wage bonus payment after 52 weeks employment if applicable.
The fund can be used to
- pay wages
- fund extra supervisory costs
- offer extra training
- meet travel to work costs.
The fund is now open and accepting applications until December 2019.
Please note the following:
- Due to the limited amount of funding available we deal with applications on a 'first come first served' basis
- The person intended to be employed has to meet the eligibility criteria, that is, they have been unemployed before taking up employment with you and have two or more of the barriers listed.
- If the person has started employment prior to our giving a grant acceptance letter, they will not be eligible for funding. Our decision is based on the content of the application.
For an application pack or to ask any questions please get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org / 0131 529 3139.