Access To Mechanics
The course will aim to provide young people aged 16-24, who aren’t in education or employment, and have a keen interest in motorbike mechanics with a pathway into the industry by helping them to expand their knowledge and skill sets, gain real practical experience, and build lasting relationships with employers.
Students on the course will be supported by a dedicated Caseworker throughout, who will then continue to support them with progressing into positive destinations within their chosen field once the course is completed.
4th October 2022
The course will be delivered at RUTS’s purpose-built training facility in Newtongrange.
8 sessions with 3 modules:
· Think bike – A broad introduction to safe & legal motorbike use
· Fix bike – An introduction to motorbike mechanics
· Ride bike – An introduction to motorbike riding
To refer a young person or to self-refer to this course, please contact Andy Bracken on 07809 555705 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the outcomes?
· Students will achieve a City and Guilds SCQF Level 5 Award in ‘Motolearn,’
· Students will also achieve an ‘Adult Achievement Award’
· Support to move into a positive destination
It will be delivered over an four-week period on a two day per week basis Tuesday and Wednesday’s. These dates will be as follows:
· 4th of October (induction in our office at 156 Cowgate),
· 11th and 12th of October,
· 18th and 19th of October,
· 25th and 26th of October,
· 1st and 2nd of November,
· 9th of November (Completion paperwork at 156 Cowgate).