No One Left Behind Stage 1 Provision - outcome of co-production
Emerging themes included that earlier engagement with those at risk of becoming NEET is a priority and that provision should be no more than a short bus journey away. Initial activity should include:
- access to vocational training
- work experience placements
- information on full range of opportunities with additional services such as life skills, budgeting, cooking, employer talks/ visits also useful
- a keyworker that young people could trust and rely on
- the central CEC team to maintain relationships with referral sources etc
- stage 1 provision should be aimed at those aged 16 – 19 but up to age 26 for those with additional barriers
- pathway planning from the outset with a maximum engagement period of 18 months and young people would like to attend more hours or more regularly – increasing from minimum engagement of four hours up to 16 hours per week over a prolonged period.
More detailed information is available to download and view.
0131 529 3257