Machine Operator - Nairn's
- Job role: Machine Operator
- Company: Nairn's
- Location: Peffermill Road, Edinburgh
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Shift pattern: 2:30pm-10:30pm Monday to Friday
- Contract: Permanent (subject to a 3-month probationary period, if new to Nairn’s)
- Rate of pay: £10.17 per hour plus benefit package
- Closing date: Monday 30th January 2023 at 5pm
- To competently operate food manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Every Day Quality processes.
- Carry out and record quality checks’ ensuring appropriate action is taken when parameters are out of spec.
- Complete necessary computer/ paper based documentation.
- Take personal responsibility for health, safety and the working environment.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping.
- To attend to basic equipment non-conformance/breakdown.
- Build pallets of biscuits according to different pallet specification.
- Ability to work confidently within a group
- Show drive and determination: Makes things happen & constantly looks for better ways of doing things.
- Keen to learn and apply Good Manufacturing Practice
- Shows care and attention to the quality of their work and adherence to food manufacturing policies and practices.
- Has good numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates good time management practices: Manages time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines
- Show initiative in the workplace and is able to adapt successfully to changing situations & environments
- Paid breaks
- 33 days annual holiday
- Death in service of 4x annual wage
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health club
- Eligibility to join our factory bonus scheme
- Eligibility to join our Perfect attendance holiday bonus scheme
- Company events
- Free membership of Perkbox
As part of Social Bite’s Jobs First programme(this will open in a new window), applicants should have a background of homelessness or be at risk of homelessness.
To apply, please email your CV to Emma (Emma.Colgan-Blair@social-bite.co.uk) by Monday 30th January 2023 at 5pm.
Permanent (subject to a 3-month probationary period, if new to Nairn’s)
£10.17 per hour plus benefit package
30th January 2023