Aviation Security Officer
Edinburgh Airport are recruiting an Aviation Security Officer on a fixed-term contract until 31st October 2024.
Our Security team is dedicated and highly trained and we support thousands of people coming through the airport every day. The team is responsible for keeping all of our passengers and staff safe in the terminal and for their onward journeys.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for people from all backgrounds/experiences – so if you have excellent customer service skills, good communication and are a great team player then we want to hear from you! As we provide full training for all Security roles, no previous experience working in a Security environment is required, but experience in working in a front-line customer service type role is desirable.
- Be able to learn and follow set procedures
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be able to be cleared in accordance with CAA regulations (includes providing a satisfactory five-year reference history and EAL being able to undertake a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Counter Terrorist Check on your behalf)
- Please be aware that this role involves a lot of physical work, manual handling as well as being on your feet for long periods of time
What you’ll be doing
- Screening all people and vehicles passing through restricted areas using archway detectors and manual body searching when necessary
- Operating x-ray equipment to screen luggage and other items
- Manually searching luggage for prohibited items
- Checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users
- Patrolling the terminal and outside areas to ensure that the airport is secure
Please note all roles within Security begin with a three week full time training course. If your application is successful, you will be made a conditional offer subject to pre-employment checks and passing our training course.
Find out more and apply here(this will open in a new window).
Fixed term until 31st October 2024
£21,919, increasing to £24,292 after training
12th March 2024