Cyrenians Care Academy – September 2019
Delivered through Skills Development Scotland Employability Fund
Cyrenians Market Led Training are delighted to announce a Care course aimed at giving participants the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue a career in care – a sector of growth within Edinburgh.
The course provides training for anyone who is looking to work in residential, home care or support work. It was designed in partnership with a number of care employers to ensure that the main areas of care that employers are looking for were covered. These include person-centred care, dementia awareness, adult safeguarding, administering medication, infection control, personal care and the National Care Standards.
The course will also cover effective communication skills and personal effectiveness as well as employability skills such as CV development, interview skills and completing care application forms.
The course is well established and respected throughout the city’s care sector, employers recognise and trust the learning graduates take from the course and we have an excellent record of previous graduates moving into employment directly from the course.
It is a ten-day course, delivered at Norton Park, Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY, followed by a two week work placement, with a recruiting employer, and an interview.
- Tuesday 17 – Friday 27 September.
- PVG (disclosure) applications will be paid for by us and will be submitted before the course starts.
- To make a referral or for further details please call the MLT team on:
- 0131 475 2435/07837 560 761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please pass this information on to any relevant people whom you think could be interested.
27th September 2019
Norton Park Conference Centre
57 Albion Road
· Emergency First Aid at Work
· Assisting with and Administering Medication
· Infection Control
· Person Centred Care
· Dementia Awareness
· Personal Care
· Foot Care
· Adult safeguarding
· Recording and Reporting
· Employability Skills
Contact Richard or MArk on 0131 475 2435 or speak to your Jobcentre Advisor.