Digital Content and Communications Assistant
The post will assist the Digital Development Manager and the Communications Officer in developing and maintaining high quality integrated communications and building the brand and profile of the organisation.
- Post: Digital Content and Communications Assistant
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Salary: Point 13 – 17 (£22,100-£27,012 per annum pro rata)
- Location: Edinburgh
- Reports to: Digital Development Manager
- To assist the OPFS communications team in creating and publishing digital content for a range of projects across social media, website and other online platforms
- To assist in the design and editing of graphics and media tailored to various web and social media requirements
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of OPFS communications and marketing campaigns.
- To assist in keeping OPFS social media presence and websites up-to-date and engaging
- Support drafting press releases, marketing copy and news stories/blog posts
- Contribute to external and internal email marketing
- Assist with social media monitoring and analysis
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of OPFS digital activity, using Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and other packages
- Help keep our contacts database up to date
- Support wider communications activity across the communications department when required.
- Support the team in engaging with other internal staff to collate information for digital communications.
Planning and organising
Proactively plan own daily work activities through a communications planner within the team framework to ensure effective service delivery and priorities independently.
Relationships and expertise
- Work effectively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure active engagement with and support for communications and campaigns.
- Assist in written communications for online and offline channels.
- Assist the communications team with external printers, designers and other professionals to produce high quality marketing materials and manage their distribution.
- Keep up to date with professional best practice, identifying trends and developments that impact on the organisation, and sharing knowledge appropriately across teams and departments.
Any other relevant duties as required by the post.
- Experience and understanding of the full range of communications tools and channels and how to deploy each effectively.
- Some Knowledge and experience of the following platforms:
- Google Analytics
- Email Marketing platforms (i.e. Mailchimp)
- Facebook Business Manager
- Social Media Management software
- Microsoft 365 Office
- Adobe creative suite
- Website Content management systems (i.e. WordPress)
- Good general education to degree or equivalent level with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience, in either a voluntary or professional capacity of public and media relations, marketing and digital.
- Previous experience of maintaining and growing a strong brand and profile, including the delivery of a consistent brand across multiple channels.
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Copywriting for online and offline communication
- Facebook Ads and Google Ads implementation
- Experience of messaging tools (i.e. Slack).
Terms and Conditions
- Period of appointment: Fixed term contract until 30 June 2020
- Salary: £22,100-£27,012 per annum, pro rata
- Hours of work: 20 per week
- Holidays: Annual leave entitlement is 25 days and 12 Public holidays pro rata
- Pension: You will be auto-enrolled from your start date. OPFS pays 7% of your salary and you pay 3%
- Training, support and supervision: You will receive induction training and frequent support in the first three months. Thereafter you will receive monthly individual support and supervision and annual appraisals
- Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly Employment: OPFS aims to be an equal opportunity and family friendly employer. We have Investors in People status and Living Wage accreditation.
- Closing date: The closing date is Friday 20th September 2019 at 5pm. Please download an application from our website www.opfs.org.uk(this will open in a new window).
Fixed term contract until 30th June 2020
£22,100 - £27,012 (per annum, pro rata)
One Parent Families Scotland
20th September 2019