The DataKirk: Mentors/Instructors Wanted
The DataKirk are looking for data professionals such as Data Scientist, Data analysts, BI developers, Cyber Security experts, SAS experts, Lifeskills experts, university students (Big Data, Data Science, AI etc.) to join them on a volunteering basis as mentors/instructors and help to inspire or empower young people, with migrant backgrounds to gain the skills for tomorrow's jobs.
What would I have to do?
- You’d be asked to oversee our Tuesdays Data literacy and Analytics Club (currently online due to COVID-19)
- Deliver data literacy session for young people aged 10— 24
- Deliver data awareness for adults (upskilling / reskilling)
- Data literacy session focus on: Data Awareness, Data Science, Technologies & Tools, Cyber security and life skills
This club session runs from 6.00-7.30pm.
So what is the DataKirk?
DataKirk SCIO is an Edinburgh based Data literacy and analytics club, empowering people with the skills for the jobs of tomorrow, through upskilling and reskilling of data enthusiasts. We are closing the data divide and encouraging more underrepresented Communities to fully participate in the Data economy.
Due to the current digital/technology revolution which is changing the way we are living our lives, do business including wiping off many manual jobs and creating well-paid job roles in digital/data. We created this club to empower people especially low-income groups, who may be badly affected or more likely to lose their jobs.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, we were meeting every Tuesday evening at the innovation centre. Hearts of Midlothian stadium. DataKirk started over a year ago and since then, we are doing the following:
- We Provide free online data literacy training for you people aged 9 - 19years.
- We Provide free upskilling and reskilling for data enthusiastic adults, who want to move to well-paid jobs in technical industries.
How do you register your interest?
To register your interest please contact Chuks Ododo at email@example.com or 07792 012 713.