Venture Trust - Change Cycle (Venture Trust)
**Due to the impacts of COVID-19 we have suspended Change Cycle. Updates will be made when we are back offering this programme.**
Change Cycle is a three-week employability programme supporting participants to build aspiration, motivation and self-confidence while developing key skills. The programme is for young people aged 16-24 who are not in work, education or training, facing long term unemployment and disadvantage as well as potentially at risk of (re-)offending or anti-social behaviour. Venture Trust has teamed up with The Bike Station Edinburgh to deliver a three-week course designed to improve young people’s chances of employment or moving on to further training.
How it works
- Following outreach preparation and assessment, a three-week course element consists of:
- Bike construction/maintenance including workshop experience (subcontracted to Bike Station Edinburgh)
- SQA Employability Award
- Employability sessions including CV writing, computer skills
- Short wilderness residential (including work-related tasks and biking)
- Qualifications including Velotech Bronze iHASCO online manual handling and fire safety and First Aid
- One-to-one support, mentoring and coaching
- Development of an action plan
- Following the course, support will be provided from Venture Trust's outreach workers which are guided by the participants' individual goals and personal action plans
- They get to keep the bike they have built and use it for job hunting, accessing services, training, getting to work, and leisure.
Employability and Education and training
Care experienced, Homeless / at risk of homelessness, Substance misuse, LGBT+, BME Groups, Criminal Convictions, Lone Parents, Health Conditions, and Long term unemployed
Age group served
16-19 and 20-24
Stage 1 / Engagement, Stage 2 / Barrier Removal, and Stage 3 / Vocational Activity
Young people aged 16-24 who are not in work, education or training, facing long term unemployment and disadvantage as well as potentially at risk of (re-)offending or anti-social behaviour.
The programme will be delivered at The Bike Station Edinburgh at 250 Causewayside, Edinburgh, EH9 1UU.