There are a number of strategic developments and initiatives that support the work of the Joined Up for Jobs network.
Here you will find the latest information on strategy work across a range of activities, including related documents and policy developments.
Capital City Partnership coordinates the Local Employability Partnership (this will open in a new window)through the Job Strategy Group. The Job Strategy Group also oversees the partnership support for the Joined Up for Jobs, Joined Up for Business and Joined Up for Integration strategies.
Job Strategy Group partners share information about major changes or initiatives in their own organisations and future developments. This allows for joint planning before changes are implemented or new opportunities come to the market. The Job Strategy Group also influences external strategies, including the Community Planning Partnership.
The Jobs Strategy Group meets quarterly. Members include:
- Chief Executive Officer, Capital City Partnership
- Head of Employability & Talent Development, City of Edinburgh Council
- Head of Policy and Innovation, Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Principal, Edinburgh College
- Vice Principal Careers Service, Edinburgh University
- District Manager East and South East Scotland, Department of Work and Pensions
- Employability Lead, NHS Lothian
- Regional Manager, Skills Development Scotland
The Job Strategy Group oversees the partnership support for the Joined Up for Jobs, Joined Up for Business and Joined Up for Integration strategies:
- Joined Up for Jobs sets out the framework for a partnership of key agencies and frontline services to work together to help more people into employment. Support is given through website resources, a client management information system, and quarterly forums
- Joined Up for Business gives businesses a "no wrong door" approach and offers a bespoke, free recruitment and training service, as well as a business growth support service for SMEs. We help businesses identify funding initiatives that can support recruitment, training and business growth needs. We also support the Fort Kinnaird Recruitment Skills Centre, and the emerging Edinburgh St James development through FUSE
- Joined Up for Integration aims to establish better employment outcomes for customers from key services working better together and the integration of resources.
Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region Deal
A City Region Deal is a mechanism for accelerating growth by pulling in government investment. By investing this funding in innovation, skills and infrastructure, performance will be significantly improved, and we will tackle inequality and deprivation. The Deal will drive productivity and growth while reducing inequalities and deprivation. Joined Up for Jobs will benefit from the Integrated Regional Employability and Skills workstream.
For more information visit the Accelerating Growth website. (this will open in a new window)
The Youth Employment Strategy aims to provide training, education and work opportunities for young people. Key to this is ensuring that the supply of courses, placements and jobs meets the demands of our population. The Youth Employment Partnership is a group of key organisations (City of Edinburgh Council; Skills Development Scotland; Inspiring Scotland; NHS Lothian; Department of Work and Pensions; Edinburgh College and Capital City Partnership) who deliver and commission youth employment support and are committed to ensuring young people reach appropriate and sustainable jobs.
COVID related publications
Capital City Partnership has produced a digest of publications that relate to the economic impact of COVID-19. This series will be updated fortnightly.
- Issue 1: 5th June 2020
- Issue 2: 22nd June 2020
- Issue 3: 6th July 2020
- Issue 4: 20th July 2020
- Issue 5: 5th August 2020.
Claimant Count Monthly Update
Claimant count details are published monthly on the NOMIS site maintained by Durham University. For a number of years CCP have taken this data and broken it down for Edinburgh and the City Region. You can access these reports below.