There are a number of strategic developments and initiatives that support the work of the Joined Up for Jobs network.
Here you will find the latest information on strategy work across a range of activities, including related documents and policy developments.
Capital City Partnership coordinates the Local Employability Partnership (this will open in a new window)through the Job Strategy Group. The Job Strategy Group also oversees the partnership support for the Joined Up for Jobs, Joined Up for Business and Joined Up for Integration strategies.
Job Strategy Group partners share information about major changes or initiatives in their own organisations and future developments. This allows for joint planning before changes are implemented or new opportunities come to the market. The Job Strategy Group also influences external strategies, including the Community Planning Partnership.
The Jobs Strategy Group meets quarterly. Members include:
- Head of Policy and Innovation, Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce (also representing Developing Young Workforce)
- District Manager East and South East Scotland, Department of Work and Pensions
- Vice Principal, Edinburgh College
- Employability Lead, NHS Lothian
- Regional Manager, Skills Development Scotland
- Vice Principal Careers Service, Edinburgh University
- Chief Executive Officer, Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations Council
- Programme Manager, IRES Programme, Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region Deal
The Job Strategy Group oversees the partnership support for the Joined Up for Jobs, Joined Up for Business and Youth Employability Partnership:
- Joined Up for Jobs sets out the framework for a partnership of key agencies and frontline services to work together to help more people into employment. Support is given through website resources, a client management information system, and quarterly forums
- Joined Up for Business gives businesses a "no wrong door" approach and offers a bespoke, free recruitment and training service, as well as a business growth support service for SMEs. We help businesses identify funding initiatives that can support recruitment, training and business growth needs. We also support the Fort Kinnaird Recruitment Skills Centre, and the emerging Edinburgh St James development through FUSE
- Joined Up for Young People (JUfYP) is the youth employment strategy led by the Young Person’s Guarantee team and consists of the Youth Employability Partnership & JUfYP network partners. It aims to provide training, education, and work opportunities for young people as part of the Scottish Governments commitment through Young Person's Guarantee.
Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region Deal
A City Region Deal is a mechanism for accelerating growth by pulling in government investment. By investing this funding in innovation, skills and infrastructure, performance will be significantly improved, and we will tackle inequality and deprivation. The Deal will drive productivity and growth while reducing inequalities and deprivation. Joined Up for Jobs will benefit from the Integrated Regional Employability and Skills workstream.
For more information visit the Accelerating Growth website. (this will open in a new window)