Capital City Partnership (CCP) and the Department for Work and Pensions DWP are part of the Edinburgh Conflict Oversight Group that meets daily to link to the wider support efforts, led on by The City of Edinburgh Council (CEC). This is where all our intelligence on numbers and details comes from.
CEC has established a Welcome Hub at the Royal Bank of Scotland in Gogarburn that all arrivals to Edinburgh Airport will be transferred to for assessment and support. Initial hotel accommodation is provided there before refugees are moved into more sustainable accommodation.
The Job Strategy Group is working with partners to support the arrival of Ukrainian refugees. We have a weekly meeting of core partners and Joined up for Jobs providers. The group will flex and grow as the demand for services becomes clearer.
Hub One – Accommodation/Advice/Benefits/Universal Credit
- The Advice Shop, 249 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1YJ
- 0131 200 2360
- Support with an interpreter is available Monday-Friday from 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-16.00.
- The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) are on-site for benefit claims on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-16.00
- City of Edinburgh council information for Ukrainian’s(this will open in a new window)
Hub Two – Wellbeing, social and cultural support
- Ukrainian Community Centre (AUGB), 14 Royal Terrace, Edinburgh, EH7 5AB
- Drop-in support and information session every second Thursday from 11.00-15.00
- Drop-in coffee morning every Tuesday from 10.00-13.00
- Check their Facebook page for the latest information: www.facebook.com/AUGBEdinburgh(this will open in a new window)
Hub Three - Employability support sessions, training, and job matching
- FUSE Employability Hub(this will open in a new window), The Cube 45 Leith St, Edinburgh, EH1 3AT (opposite St James Quarter)
- Attend weekly Tuesday coffee mornings at the Ukrainian Community Centre (AUGB) to give advice to those seeking employment.
- Provide weekly scheduled appointments on Thursday afternoons to provide employability support, CV creation, job matching and in-work support
- To book an appointment email email@example.com or call 0131 370 3850
- Young people aged 15+ can call Skills Development Scotland on 0131 718 2040 for immediate one-to-one support.
The City of Edinburgh Council has collated information on support for people from Ukraine including the 'super-sponsor scheme', contact details for the Ukraine Consulate and other support services. Click the link below for further details.
We will attach information as it becomes available and try to coordinate messages.
This is an ever-changing situation, and this page will be updated on a regular basis accordingly.
- Bilingual Ukrainian Poster
- Bilingual Ukrainian Poster Heritage
- Bilingual Ukrainian Leaflet
- Bilingual Ukrainian Leaflet Heritage
- SDS CIAG Service Offer - Ukrainian
- SDS CIAG Service Offer - Russian
- Ukranian Hubs Job Support Diagram
- Vaccination and Screening for Displaced People from Ukraine in Scotland
Ukrainian Arrivals - Psychological Wellbeing Packs
Get in touch
Last updated: 03 August 2022.