Early Learning and Childcare careers and Jobs Fair (East Lothian) (Capital City Partnership)
Location: Queen Margaret University Queen Margaret University Drive Musselburgh EH21 6UU
It’s never too early or too late to play a role in shaping young children’s lives.
We’re holding a career and jobs event focusing on the range of opportunities available in Early Learning and Childcare.
It’s a growing sector – by 2020 the sector in Scotland will need up to 11,000 new recruits. Not all of these will work directly with children as practitioners, managers or childminders but also support services such as catering.
Who is the event for?
Everyone! Early Years and Childcare is a diverse industry and needs a wide range of people. Our event is for men and women of any age including:
- Young people aged 17-25 who are in, or about to leave, school or college or who are looking for their first employment opportunity
- Adults returning to the job market after a break in employment
- Adults who used to work in the sector
- Anyone with an interest in retraining to become involved in Early Years and Childcare
- People wishing to explore self-employment opportunities, such as childminding.
At the event you can:
- Meet local early years and childcare providers
- Speak to us and our partners about the industry and roles available
- Learn more about training opportunities and career paths
- View job opportunities available now in East Lothian
- Find out how moving into employment could affect any benefits entitlement that you currently receive.
Exhibitors include: East Lothian Council, local providers, Early Years Scotland, Skills Development Scotland, training providers, Dad’s Work, Scottish Government.
The event will run from 10:00 - 15:30.
Please get in touch with us at email@example.com