Foundation Apprenticeship - Breakfast event for employers - STEM
Location: Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Campus, Boundary Road North, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS
Tuesday 24th September - 0800-1030
Foundation Apprenticeship Breakfast Event.
Skills Development Scotland, in partnership with Developing the Young Workforce, West Lothian College and Edinburgh College, would like to invite employers to attend our Foundation Apprenticeship Breakfast Event.
Foundation Apprenticeships provide new, work-based learning opportunities for learners in their senior phase of secondary education. Employers gain early access to future talent and benefit from fresh new ideas and perspective.
Foundation Apprenticeships have been developed for 12 of Scotland's growth industries and a significant number of the frameworks relate to STEM industries. The aim of our event is to inspire local STEM employers to get involved in this exciting programme, and to inform employers about the range of FA frameworks relevant to the industries in which they operate. These frameworks include:
- Business Skills
- Civil Engineering
- Creative Digital Media
- Food & Drink Technologies
- IT Software Development/Hardware
- Scientific Technologies
Arrival is from 8am and breakfast/refreshments will be provided. Please email any specific dietary requirements to email@example.com(this will open in a new window) by Tuesday 10th September.
The event will start at 8.30am and delegates will:
- Receive an overview of Foundation Apprenticeships and frameworks
- Find out more about pathways and progression routes
- Hear from employers and young people about their experiences
- Have an opportunity to ask questions
Free parking is available and the event will finish no later than 10.30am.
Mentoring Young People
Location: The Ravelston House, 182 North High Street, Musselburgh, EH21 6BH.
Whether you’re mentoring young people through work placements, apprenticeships or jobs this free training workshop offers practical insights and guidance to hone the skills required.
During the session you will explore key mentoring skills and have an opportunity to practice these skills with guidance and support from an expert facilitator. You will also receive a detailed guide to mentoring that is packed full of practical hints and tips as well as sources of reference for further self-directed learning.
This workshop is designed for individuals responsible for supporting young people on work placements as well as individuals responsible for managing apprentices or young employees within their organisation.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching
- Have Identified and practiced key skills and competencies, including:
- Building trust and rapport
- Understand how to adapting your approach for young people
- Have a simple model to provide structure to a mentoring conversation
- Tuesday 8th October 2019 – 9.30-13.00 - The Ravelston House, 182 North High Street, Musselburgh, EH21 6BH.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space.