Location: Norton Park Conference Centre, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY.
Ukraine and Refugee Employment Support
There will be a refugee-focused event on the 13th of October for providers in the Joined Up for Jobs network.
This event will help better coordinate the employability response to those from Ukraine and other areas where displaced people have come to Scotland. Hear from a wide range of partners, and also learn how you can help and support refugees too.
The event will run from 10:00-12:00 with breakfast available from 9:30.
9:30 - Breakfast rolls with tea and coffee (optional)
10:00 - Forum starts – Introduction and Current Situation by Rona Hunter
10:15 - Edinburgh Guarantee Webinar
10:20 - JUfJ proposition:
- Calendar of events
- Bi-monthly community drop in with key partners
- Mini events on Victoria Leith Ship
- Live daily job fairs and specialist monthly – DWP lead
- Higher skills transition support.
10:30 - Labour Market Exploitation –SOHTIS (Survivors of Human Trafficking in Scotland)
10.50 - Q&A checkpoint
11:00 - Refreshment Break
11:15 - Speed Dating with Key Providers – know who is doing what and who to refer to:
- FedCap Start Scotland – employability support
- Community Renewal - employability support
- Vocational Training Framework – training with a guaranteed interview
- DWP – Job Fairs
- Volunteer Centre – volunteering and wider support
- ESOL – language support
- Skills Development Scotland – advice and qualification support
- Citadel – family support
- SPACE/Broomhouse Centre – parent support
- Further/Higher education tbc.
12:00 - Q&A Mop up
REHIS Food Allergy Awareness
Location: online via Zoom
The Food Allergy Awareness Training Course is a professionally and nationally recognised certificated course which aims to raise awareness of issues around allergies, coeliac disease & intolerances and how to cater for sufferers in a variety of contexts.
It is now a legal requirement that caterers provide correct information about what is in food to consumers and this interesting and useful course, delivered by our highly experienced trainers, is suitable for all who work in the provision of food. Learn more about Natasha’s Law and the recent changes to Pre-packed for Direct Sale (PPDS) legislation.
Joined Up for Young People - Network Forum (November 2022)
Details of this forum meeting, including the registration link, will be posted following the previous meeting.