Finding the right people for your business is crucial but it can also be complex and time-consuming, which is why we offer a comprehensive range of free support for all organisations, irrespective of size or sector.
We offer a range of bespoke recruitment advice and support, including
- Creating effective job descriptions and person specifications
- Insight into the local labour market and pay rates
- Guidance on best practice approaches to strengthen candidate attraction and retention, such as the Living Wage(this will open in a new window), Living Hours(this will open in a new window) and Fair Work Agenda (this will open in a new window)
- Effective interview models and approaches
- Support in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approaches
- Coordinate and facilitate large-scale recruitment projects
As part of Edinburgh's Local Employability Partnership, we provide a single point of access to Edinburgh's employability providers and organisations - Joined Up for Jobs (JUfJ)
This means we can extend the reach of your vacancy across our networks, driving an increased number and diversity of candidates to your organisation through:
- Vacancy advertising on job boards and social media
- Sharing vacancies throughout the city's large network of employability providers and partners
- Link directly to appropriate partners who can help support in specialist areas
- Identifying funding incentives
- Business advice (e.g. retention, engagement, L&D etc.)
- Support work placement or work experience opportunities
Recruitment & Skills Centres
As part of our employer recruitment support offer, Joined Up for Business also manages Recruitment & Skills Centres across the city to support employers and candidates on-site at St James Quarter(this will open in a new window) and Fort Kinnaird Retail Park(this will open in a new window).
- In partnership with British Land(this will open in a new window), Fort Kinnaird Recruitment & Skills Centre provides recruitment and training support to employers within and around Fort Kinnaird Retail Park and helps job seekers with job applications, employability support and access to further training opportunities.
- In partnership with St James Quarter since 2019, the FUSE team support recruitment and training for the wide variety of employers within the newly opened St James Quarter and across the city centre.
The specialist Recruitment & Skills centres support employers with:
- Vacancy advertising
- Managing CVs and application sifting
- Access to job-ready clients
- Offer space for interviews
- In-work training
Our teams also support jobseekers in looking for and securing work through
- CV and job application support
- Interview preparation
- Access to digital equipment for job searches and CV creation
- Link to relevant training & employment opportunities
- Confidence building
The centres also actively work with schools and local communities to highlight opportunities and career pathways.
For more detail about our current Recruitment & Skills Centres or how we can help you implement a similar model, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org