Action for Children - Discovering Your Potential (Action for Children)
The Discovering Your Potential Programme aims to improve the pathway outcomes to education training and employment for care experienced young people who are, or have been Looked After at Home. We understand that young people from this most vulnerable group have historically received less targeted support and as a result are particularly disadvantaged when achieving positive destinations on leaving school.
Using a case management approach, each young person will be allocated a designated worker who will work closely with the young person, social work teams and partner agencies to identify and overcome personal and practical barriers into employment.
- One to one personal support offered by a named key worker
- Engagement and assessment-individual service plan and goal setting
- Employability support: CV building, interview prep and sourcing opportunities
- Support to move into positive destinations
- Aftercare service to ensure sustainable outcomes are achieved (long term support).
Employability and Education and training
Age group served
16-19, 20-24, and 25-29
Stage 1 / Engagement
This programme is aimed at young people aged 16-29 residing in Edinburgh who are care experienced.
We offer rolling recruitment for this programme. Contact us for further information.
This is an outreach 1-1 service therefore participants are met and supported in their own communities.