Action for Children - EF4: Pave Your Way (Action for Children)
Pave Your Way is a construction programme for young people aged 18-24 years old who live in Edinburgh or East Lothian who looking to secure employment within the industry.
The programme is split into 3 phases:
- Training Period: the training element of the programme lasts for 4 weeks
- After successfully completing the training period participants will be offered a 2-week work trial with a construction employer.
- Paid Employment: after successful completion of the 2-week trial, participants will be offered employment with the company and receive in-work support for up to 6 months.
Employability and Education and training
Care experienced, Disability, Homeless / at risk of homelessness, Substance misuse, LGBT+, BME Groups, Criminal Convictions, Lone Parents, Health Conditions, and Long term unemployed
Age group served
16-19 and 20-24
Stage 4 / Job Matching
This programme is aimed at young people aged 18-24 residing in Edinburgh or East Lothian. As we are committed to reducing the gender gap and would welcome applications from women.
- Project staff will support participants through all three phases to maximise attainment and secure employment.
- Participants will receive either a training allowance of £55 per week or continue to receive benefits depending upon individual circumstances. Travel expenses will also be supported.
- This is a group programme and we have various intakes across the year. Please contact us for recruitment information.