Impact Arts (Impact Arts)
Established in 1994, Impact Arts is a forward-thinking community arts organisation that uses the arts and creativity to enable and empower social change.
We consider the arts as a positive tool for change – helping people to:
- Build confidence and attain new skills
- Get back into work or education
- Source work in the creative arts
- Enjoy better health or simply improve quality of life.
From dance to digital, our door is always open.
We work collaboratively with children, young people, older people and communities to achieve our aims. We work predominantly, but not exclusively, with vulnerable groups. Impact Arts places innovation, enterprise and creativity alongside outstanding delivery, sound management and a strong ethos of partnership to tackle society’s big issues. Our talented in-house and freelance artists in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ayrshire and beyond, ensure that our artistic programmes, exhibitions, performances and events are of the highest quality. We exist to inspire creativity in people and regenerate our communities through a deep, rewarding relationship with the arts. #artchangeslives
Employability, Health / Mental Health, and Education and training
Care experienced, Homeless / at risk of homelessness, Substance misuse, Criminal Convictions, Health Conditions, and Long term unemployed
Age group served
16-19, 20-24, and 50+
Stage 2 / Barrier Removal, Stage 3 / Vocational Activity, and Stage 5 / Upskilling & Aftercare
In Edinburgh, we work primarily with young people who are either:
- Not in employment, education or training
- Living in an area of deprivation
- At risk of disengaging from school
- At risk of engaging in anti-social behaviour
- Having difficulties with their mental health
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We also run Craft Cafe workshops for older people resident in two Viewpoint care homes in the city.