Venture Trust - Inspiring Young Futures (Venture Trust)
Inspiring Young Futures is for young people 16-25, encouraging them to think about what they would like to achieve and helps them work towards their goals.
The programme offers regular community-based outreach support wrapped around an 8-day Wilderness Journey usually in the highlands of Scotland. Through intensive learning and personal development, individuals will consolidate their new skills, boost confidence, motivation and aspirations. This will help progress participants towards employment, training or education.
Inspiring Young Futures is designed for young people aged 16-25, struggling with a range of challenging circumstances:
- care-experienced background
- involvement in offending/anti-social behaviour
- history of substance misuse
- low academic achievement
- fragmented family relationships
- early-stage social work involvement.
Our programmes provide support for up to 9 months helping individuals to make and sustain connections to services and employment, education, training or volunteering opportunities within their communities.
What to expect:
- An initial conversation by phone/video call to decide if the service is right for you
- After an assessment period, you will be given an outreach worker to identify the changes you want to make in life and develop achievable goals
- Support with personal development and outdoor learning through face-to-face and small group activities, as well as by phone and digital platforms.
- Our face-to-to work will be delivered with small groups of participants within their local authority and in line with Government guidelines to minimise travel and transmission risks.
- Further community-based outreach support to encourage progression and embedding positive changes over a 9 month period.
Employability, Health / Mental Health, Housing, Education and training, Domestic Abuse, and Addictions
Care experienced, Homeless / at risk of homelessness, Substance misuse, LGBT+, BME Groups, Criminal Convictions, Lone Parents, Health Conditions, and Long term unemployed
Age group served
16-19 and 20-24
Stage 1 / Engagement and Stage 2 / Barrier Removal
Inspiring Young Futures is designed for young people aged 16-25, struggling with a range of challenging circumstances including care-experienced background, involvement in offending/anti-social behaviour, history of substance misuse, homelessness, low academic achievement, fragmented family relationships, early-stage social work involvement.