What it does
Fair Start Scotland is a flexible employment support service to help you get ready for work and achieve your potential. We offer a full support package that will meet your individual needs, making sure you have the best chance at finding a job that's right for you.
If you live in the Edinburgh area and currently unemployed, have a disability, or health condition then we may be able to help you.
How it does it
- You will get a dedicated personal adviser
- A personalised action plan to help you meet your goals
- Support to help you build on your existing skills and attributes to develop a CV
- Help with searching and applying for jobs; help with preparing for an interview
- Access to specialist support to help you manage your health and wellbeing
- Aaccess to training
- The opportunity to take part in work trials and work placements and help in finding a job that's right for you.
Target client group
To be eligible for Fair Start Scotland you must be:
- Living in Scotland and eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- Over 18 and out of work; or
- 16 or 17 and either disabled or in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit.
If you're unable to get in to one of our offices then please let us know and we'll be more than happy to bring the service to you in the community making it more accessible for you.
Employability, Health / Mental Health, Education and training, and Volunteering
Care experienced, Disability, LGBT+, BME Groups, Criminal Convictions, Lone Parents, Health Conditions, and Long term unemployed
Age group served
16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-50, and 50+
Stage 1 / Engagement, Stage 2 / Barrier Removal, Stage 3 / Vocational Activity, Stage 4 / Job Matching, and Stage 5 / Upskilling & Aftercare