Venture Trust - Positive Futures (Venture Trust)
Positive Futures is specifically for ex-Service men and women (16+); individuals who may have a wealth of experience and skills, but who are finding it difficult to either transition fully into civilian life or are struggling with maintaining a civilian focussed identity. The Venture Trust programmes will help to:
- Boost confidence and discover new things about themselves
- Build more positive relationships with those around them
- Think about where they want to be in life, and work out how to get there
- Deal more effectively with stressful or unfamiliar situations
- Develop valuable life skills such as more effective communication, working collaboratively and self-organisation
- Move along a path towards volunteering, education, training and employment.
** Venture Trust does not currently work with registered sex offenders or those subject to Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA).
How the programme works
- An initial conversation by phone/video call to decide if the service is right for you
- After an assessment period, you will be given an outreach worker to identify the changes you want to make in life and develop achievable goals
- Support with personal development and outdoor learning through face-to-face and small group activities, as well as by phone and digital platforms.
- Our face-to-to work will be delivered with small groups of participants within their local authority and in line with Government guidelines to minimise travel and transmission risks.
- Further community-based outreach support to encourage progression and embedding positive changes over a 9 month period.
Employability, Health / Mental Health, Housing, Education and training, Volunteering, Domestic Abuse, and Addictions
Care experienced, Homeless / at risk of homelessness, Substance misuse, LGBT+, BME Groups, Criminal Convictions, Lone Parents, Health Conditions, and Long term unemployed
Age group served
16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-50, and 50+
Stage 1 / Engagement, Stage 2 / Barrier Removal, and Stage 3 / Vocational Activity
Positive Futures is specifically for ex-Service men and women (16+); individuals who may have a wealth of experience and skills, but who are finding it difficult to either transition fully into civilian life or are struggling with maintaining a civilian focussed identity.
Issues can include:
- Long-term unemployment
- Involvement with the criminal justice system
- A history of trauma/harm
- Those who are being supported to overcome episodes of poor mental health.